Friday 21 October 2011

More Numbers



Last Saturday I found this beautiful antique piece of furniture destined for the trash on my neighbour's driveway. I quickly sanded it and chose a beautiful grey paint to cover it with.  I love the old hardware and will save it for another project.  I chose some pewter colored cup pulls for the drawers and a vintage style font for the numbers.  Two coats of varnish were applied at the end.  I should have taken a before picture....I always forget in my haste to create something new!

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Are you selling it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I just found your comment; so I am sorry that it has taken this long to get back to you. Thank you so much for your compliment, I realy appreciate it. Unfortunately, I am not selling this piece (it is in my living room). The numbers were not painted on, I printed them and glued them on (you cannot tell the difference). Then I covered them with a water based sealer. If you like I will give you a set of numbers - free of charge.

      Take care,
      Adele

      Delete